Top Money Saving Tips For Your Terrace Gardening
Terrace gardening has been growing in popularity lately. Especially, in a city like Kolkata, it’s become something of a rage in most households despite not being commercialized much. If you’re looking to buy flats in Kolkata, terrace gardening might enhance your apartment’s essence.
Tips for Terrace Gardening
Since it’s not commercialized much, here are a few money-saving tips to help you with terrace gardening, especially during the monsoon:
1. Terrace gardening isn’t as easy as it looks. Especially during the rainy season, you need to have a proper drainage system connected to the terrace, so that all the waste water doesn’t pollute your terrace. Stagnant water can harm your plants as well as bring diseases into your household.
2. Plants in your garden may not get the required soil they need if the weeds start to grow. It’s extremely important to get rid of the unwanted weeds that grow around a plant. At the same time, you need to check your plant’s surroundings to make sure there aren’t any algae present that can affect the healthy surroundings.
3. It’s better if you handle each plant individually. Every plant needs pruning, and they won’t be able to properly grow if the pruning isn’t done correctly and carefully.
4. This may sound obnoxious for someone wanting to buy properties in Kolkata, but you need earthworms for your garden’s betterment. Earthworms are useful in a way that they help in fertilizing the soil. If there are earthworms in your terrace, don’t throw them away. You may cringe but ultimately they are only helping you.
5. Watering a day is essential. But there’s no need to water more than once. But during monsoon, if there is a heavy shower, you don’t need to water at all.
Tips always help in improving the quality of whatever you do. If you want to invest in an affordable residential complex in Kolkata, it’s only natural that you’ll indulge yourself in a little terrace gardening. It’ll make your complex look good, and it’ll make your surrounding environment healthier too. These tips are easy to follow. They won’t take up your time. So, buy some plants and indulge yourself!