A new flat in Kolkata or an Second hand house?
Nowadays, people of Kolkata now prefer buying budget flats instead of old houses. And there are reasons behind it. Let’s take a look at some pros and cons of buying a budget flat rather than buying an old house.
Pros to bear in mind
- You can to ask the builder customize the home before construction is completed, so you can have it done as per your choice which you won’t be able to do in an old house. Even if you can modify the house it will take much higher time and cost.
- You don’t have to lift a finger, a paintbrush, or a hammer to make the customization. All the work is will be done for you.
- As far as the financial benefit is concerned, in case of new properties, you won’t have to invest much for maintenance of your home.
- New homes can be pre-equipped with latest technology appliances that reduce your work altogether.
Some of the cons
- Brand new homes can cost more, to be more precise, sometimes up to 20% more than a similar existing home. But if you buy from a good property developer of Kolkata then this amount will not be a burden as you will get a very good quality of homes.
- There are apartments or developmental projects that are built far from necessary destinations like schools and the supermarkets or shopping centers. Hence communication could be a bit problematic unless you own a car.
- Architectural charm is less in new flat than in old houses.
- New homes are built on smaller floor area than most of the older homes. Hence, lack of space is a problem is new homes unlike old ones.
The busy schedule of people today has made the maintaining of home a serious concern. Thus, most prefer to have a brand new compact apartment but they actually cost more than that of an old house, yet maintaining an old house becomes tougher comparatively.